Wednesday, January 1, 2014

13 in '13

There's an interesting feeling that comes with the end of a year. Most people take this time to set goals for themselves, and to reflect on the year past. I definitely set resolutions, and I've also definitely been doing a lot of reflections on the year that has gone by. And I can't stop thinking about all the things that have changed. Being in my hometown rather than in Lubbock the past couple weeks has had me thinking about all the things that have changed in my life this last year. So many chapters have closed, and even more have opened.

I can't help but think that this has been the best year of my life. So many experiences and people have touched my heart and changed my life. So, as cheesy as it sounds, I'm going to do the top 13 things that have happened to me this year. Not in order of how exciting they were, just the most exciting experiences and things I've had...

**getting to come home from Lubbock and hang out with friends and family**



I guess I'll start with this one, since it's the most relevant. It's been so exciting to get to come home for these short periods of time and spend time with my friends & family that I've missed. The time I always get to spend with them is always too short, but it's a good period of refreshment and relaxation. A nice break from my new reality into my old one, I guess.


 
 

 
 
 
**having my last ever Lads to Leaders**
 
 
This is one of the first closed chapters I had this year. Lads to Leaders is something that I'd been going to for my entire childhood, and holds a lot of fond memories. This picture, or, these two pictures make me so happy. They were taken a few years apart and I love these girls so much. <3
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
**last church camp ever**
 
 
Another bittersweet closed chapter that is full of memories that I'll treasure forever.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
**best NYE ever**
 
 
This New Years Eve was the best ever, because I got to go to a youth group lock in, and it just reminded me of "home" more than anything else. :)
 
Well, this year has seriously just been the best year there's ever been. 2014 holds the promise of so many exciting things, and, Lord willing, it'll be even better than the last. I say it all the time, but I'm soooo blessed. My heart is full of happiness because of all the love that I have in my life. God is SO good to me.