Sunday, August 11, 2013

WHOA

So, I haven't blogged in forever...well, it really hasn't been forever, but SO SO SO much has happened since then that it feels like it's been forever. So here's an update, or something like that...

So, I left Bowling Green. Which was really hard for me. Like, really hard. My mom and the lovely Abby Potter (otherwise known as A-Pot) threw me a going away party. Basically, we had cake and drinks after church. Then the adults left, and then youth group people (and Ryan, of course) stayed and played Wink and Do You Love Your Neighbor, which we hadn't played in a really long time. It was a really awesome way to officially end my time with the Alvaton Youth Group. So here are some photographic gems from that party...


The lovely A-Pot. I really miss this girl. Too much.


The Taylors. Both Taylor C. and I graduated this year, so we're leaving Taylor E. all to herself in the youth group. I'm sure it will be weird for her to know people are talking to her when they say Taylor. No more confusion yay, haha.


My favorite "Future AIMer"
I miss her way more than I can explain.


This wasn't part of my going away party, because it was taken the next day when I went out to lunch with Ryan and Melinda. But, it was part of my goodbyes so there's that. Also, I think this picture is very precious, matching sunglasses and all.
---------------------


My mom and I left Tuesday morning to make the 17 hour drive from Bowling Green to Lubbock. It was tons of fun to take that trip with her, and I love that we got to chance to spend time together like that. I only have one picture from that trip, oddly. It's from the last day of driving.


We were driving through Texas, and there were all these windmills. I'd seen windmills before, but they were the kind that they have in Holland or something, so they're all colorful and they almost look fake. But I'd never seen this many in one place. For miles and miles and miles this was all there was. I don't know, I thought it was neat.
--------------------

So, then I moved into my apartment, met my roomates and stuff like that. I'm sharing an apartment with three other girls. Savannah, Amanda, and Tanya. I'm sharing a room with Tanya. So far, I really love them. They make me laugh and we've had a really good time together.


Apartment 10C whatwhat.


Tanya is loads of fun.


I still have pictures left to add to my bulletin board, but other than that, this is my room area thing.
--------------------
Ok, now that we're up to date, I just wanna write about my feelings or something like that. This morning at church, someone asked me how it felt to be an AIMer...it took me a minute to process...I'm an AIMer. It feels so surreal. Like, I can't believe that this time has come, and I also can't believe that I feel this many different things about it all.
 
Kris asked us to sum up in one word how we feel about all of this...I don't think that I could even really sum it up in a sentence. I didn't know I was capable of feeling this many things all at once. I feel anxious, and nervous, of course. But also, I feel so incredibly blessed. I can't believe I get to be a part of something so out of this world awesome. I feel so happy. Freaked. Pumped. Ready. Excited. Insane. Overwhelmed. In complete disbelief.

Soooo, I guess my word would have been anxiousnervousblessedhappyfreakedpumpedreadyexcitedinsaneoverwhelmeddisbelief.

So basically I'm just soooo out of this world excited. I've closed the chapter of my life that was Bowling Green...it will always hold a special place in my heart, and there are people there who will definitely always be a part of my life. But it's time for me to move on.

It's time for me to get on with writing the rest of my story...well, let God write the rest of my story.

Basically I'm just waiting for all of this to feel real. Someone pinch me. Ok, don't really.