Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Beautiful Night

Oh my! What an incredible night this has been! Seriously, I know this is going to be a night that I'll remember forever.

Tonight, they announced our teams & fields. It was seriously one of the most exciting things I've ever experienced. It felt like this was the moment we'd all been waiting for.

The way the team announcement process works is this: an assistant calls out a group of names, that group of people goes back into Kris' office, and when you go in, you sit down and he tells you "You're officially Team ____" and then says some other things to us about the field, this missionary, etc. And then (this was the COOLEST part) you leave his office and walk out, and all the assistants are standing on either side cheering, and you walk into the AIM classroom and all the AIMers are cheering for you, and you go up on stage and announce where you're going, and then everyone goes crazy and cheers for you and it's seriously the most awesome feeling.

So tonight, I got to announce to all of my classmates that I, along with my friends Lacy, Melanie, and Jenna will be going to serve God in Miami, Florida starting in May. I could not be happier about this. Our team dynamic is so good, and I seriously think we're all going to work really well together. There's a little bit of each "personality type" in each of us. I can see how that's going to make us all work really well and get along really well.

But yeah, my teammates are beautiful girls with beautiful souls, and Miami is going to be a beautiful place filled with love and happiness. (Not that I'm under the impression that everything is going to be perfect by any means...I just have a feeling I'm really gonna fall in love with it there)

Miami here we comeeee!